117th High School Day Celebration

     As a kid, I've always been excited on how it feels like to be a high school student. From the movies i watched, it all seemed to be nice. Love, friendship and everything in between. High school life. How good can you be? Asked my 8-year-old self.

     I entered high school with an attitude too far away from the me i expected to be. You cabt blame me. I before was a jolly, happy-go-lucky kid. I was then called bright little star- which why i love stars. But because of how little the world saw me, they use dit against me. To bully me. They took advantage of how small I was too overpower me and to cast a deeo black dark shadow upon me. It was frightening. Ever since then, the me that I expected to be in high school all faded away. I'm never the same or that's what I thought. Grade 9, i didn't expect I'd go back to being me. High School days during grades 7 and 8 was dull. Dancing in the middle of the field was all done just because it needed to be done. But grade 9 seems to add a sparkle to that annual celebration. Smiles were painted on faces. I saw the light radiated by happy people around me. Though I expected foundation days to be filled with booths and stuff of alikes, I still did enjoy it. Here comes the 117th foundation day of Ilocos Sur National High School. It may not have been fun for others. It may not have been memorable but for me, it was the best one I ever had. Because it is the last one I'll be doing the field demon beside my maxconi fam. The last performance where all of are still together.

     I had so so many mistakes but it didn't stop me to enjoy. I may not have the best grooves but at least I was happy all the while. Giggles of the people around me sounded more like a music than the actual music I was dancing to. It all felt nice and cozy though its hot. It felt surreal. Sad and happy at the same time for it was the last kne I'll experience it with the people who made my high school life fun and blissful.

Comments